Scheffer accountants and tax consultants provide affordable income tax and accounting services to individual and small medium business clients.
As an accounting firm and tax consultants, we offer a variety of tax services such as bookkeeping, vat, payroll and accounting services to small and medium size businesses.
We assist businesses in staying compliant with SARS statutory requirements including a tax clearance certificate for your business. We can assist with a Department of Labour Letter of Good Standing and submit the annual return of earnings.
Staying tax compliant is essential for a SME. As tax specialists, we can assist your company with tax clearance certificate and staying tax compliant.
We are experienced in the following industries:
- Restaurants, guesthouse & accommodation
- Motor & Transport
- Professional service
We specialize in Small Business tax
Private company tax rate 28%
Small Business Corporation tax rates
|Taxable income||Rates of tax|
|R 0 – R 78 150||Nil|
|R 78 151 – R365 000||7% of the amount over R 78 150|
|R365 001 – R550 000||R20 080 + 21% of the amount over R365 000|
|R550 001 +||R58 930 + 28% of the amount over R550 000|
Requirements for Small Business Corporation:
- All shareholders or members throughout the year of assessment are natural persons who do not hold shares in any other private company or members’ interest in any other close corporation or co-operative other than those which:
- are inactive and have assets with a market value less than R5 000; or
- have taken steps to liquidate, wind-up or deregister (effective for years of assessment commencing on or after 1 January 2011).
- Gross income for the year of assessment does not exceed R20 million (2013 : R14 million).
- Not more than 20% of the gross income and all capital gains consists collectively of investment income and income from the rendering of a personal service.
Investment income includes any annuity, interest, rental income from immovable property, royalty or any income of a similar nature, local
dividends, foreign dividends (as from 1 April 2012) and any proceeds derived from investment or trading in financial instruments (including
futures, options and other derivatives), marketable securities or immovable property.
Personal service includes any service in the field of accounting, actuarial science, architecture, auctioneering, auditing, broadcasting,
consulting, draughtmanship, education, engineering, financial service broking, health, information technology, journalism, law, management,
real estate broking, research, sport, surveying, translation, valuation or veterinary science, performed personally by any person who holds an
interest in the company, co-operative or close corporation, except where such small business corporation employs three or more
unconnected full-time employees for core operations throughout the year of assessment.
- The company, close corporation or co-operative is not a personal service provider or venture capital company
Small business corporations allow small business to pay less tax legally and thus have more capital to invest and grow faster.
SARS introduced special capital incentives for the manufacturing industry – a SBC may deduct 100% of the cost of manufacturing assets in the year it was purchased.
Other industries may deduct the capital investment over three years 50:30:20